About Ninian and Lester
N&L is a vertically-operated textile and clothing operation based in Durban, South Africa. First established by Vernon Schroder in 1936 as a small ladies underwear factory, it diversified its capability in 1965 by opening a textile factory in nearby Pinetown which manufactured knitted fabrics to secure its own supply base in respect of raw material for garment manufacture.
The group capability includes a diversified offering of high quality clothing, polypropylene yarns, polypropylene masterbatch, circular knitted fabrics, fabric dyeing, pigment and reactive digital and rotary printing and finishing services, all manufactured in modern factories to world class standards.
- To be recognised as, and remain a world class, innovative and effective supplier of selected clothing and textile products and services.
- To provide our customers with outstanding value, quality, service and delivery.
- To enable all employees to develop and fulfil their individual goals and aspirations in a safe working environment.
- To link all stakeholders and the environment for mutual advancement.
- To provide our shareholders with a fair, long-term return on their investment.
- To sustain a supply chain providing economic empowerment to all South Africans.